1. Coffee contains many antioxidants .
Its greatest benefit is the antioxidants contained in the grain, substances called polyphenols, which among its many functions protect against cell mutations and retard aging. Only blackberries, walnuts, strawberries, artichokes and blueberries contain more antioxidants than coffee.
2. The scent of coffee makes you feel less stressed .
Researchers at Seoul National University examined the brains of rats that were stressed and had sleep problems and found that the aroma of coffee caused changes in the arrangement of proteins in the brain that lowered the stress caused by sleep problems.
3. Prevents Alzheimer's and Parkinson's.
These two debilitating diseases that attack the nervous system have been shown to be less common among regular coffee drinkers. In the case of Alzheimer's, the risk decreases by up to 60% and for Parkinson's, the decrease ranges between 32% and 64%.
4. Coffee is good for the liver, especially after drinking alcohol. A study published in 2006 showed that coffee drinkers are 20% less likely to develop cirrhosis and gain weight from alcohol.
5. Coffee makes you feel happier . The US National Institutes of Health found that people who drink four or more cups of coffee per day are 10% less likely to suffer from depression. The antioxidants and caffeine in coffee cause that tendency.
6. Physical state.
If you want to be slim and in optimal physical condition, coffee can be your ally, since consuming it improves metabolism and removes fatty acids from the muscles. Likewise, athletes who drink coffee were shown to have better sports performance.
7. If you are a woman, coffee can reduce the risk of skin cancer. Harvard Medical School and Birgham and Women's Hospitals studied men and women over a 20-year period, apparently women who drank three or more cups of coffee daily were less likely to develop skin cancer than those who didn't. they did it.
8. Coffee reduces the risk of developing type 2 diabetes. According to the American Chemical Society, people who drink four or more cups of coffee per day reduce their chances of developing type 2 diabetes by 50%. In addition, the more coffee consumed, the more the risk is reduced.
9 Drinking coffee can help keep your brain healthier for longer. Researchers from the University of Miami and the University of South Florida found that people over the age of 65 who had high levels of caffeine in their blood developed Alzheimer's disease two to three years later than those who did not consume.
10. Coffee makes you smarter. A CNN report reported that the brain works more efficiently and intelligently after drinking coffee. Caffeine increases reaction time, attention, alertness, and logical reasoning.